August 9, 2020
The pandemic months (April – July 2020) were busy here. Our ‘conversation with symphonism through drawings’ with Bart Dewolf has had its first tangible results.
- A full storyboard has been developed.
-You can see the first version which was quite detailed and precise.
– You can also see the final storyboard, which traces the narrative with all the latest changes in order to achieve our goal – to sustain the sonata-allegro form and rhythm of the poetry piece in the medium of a drawing.
The advantages of developing a storyboard in several stages were:
– Planning and refining the poems’s narrative.
– Brainstorming on how to better express features of symphonism in the visual representation of the poem.
– Improving communication across team members (poet, artist and cinematographer) through visualisation.
– Defining key technical parameters such as camera angles, rhythms and movements.
2. 20 full-size canvases are sketched in pencil and ready to be finalised in ink and acryl.
Watch them in our short video.
! The analysis of the research process will be published soon.
A few photos from behind the scenes: